Space Sandbox – Explore, Build, Trade, Wage Wars. You’re free to do everything you want.
Avorion is a procedural co-op space sandbox made by Boxelware. Players build their own ships, which they will use to explore the galaxy, trade and fight. Space ships are mainly of large scale, with crews, turrets and energy systems that you will have to manage. Fight epic space battles, explore, mine, trade, wage wars and build your own empire to save your galaxy from being torn apart by an unknown enemy. Fly through beautiful nebulas and dense asteroid fields in search of hidden treasures and meet the many factions that populate and control their portion of the galaxy. Each faction has its own characteristics, such as peaceful, intelligent or aggressive, and has its own ship styles, meaning their ships and stations have a distinct look.
Release Date: 23 January, 2017
Genre: Action, Indie, Simulation
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Procedurally Generated Galaxy. All the content in the game is procedurally generated while the player explores. Wherever you go, you will always find new places, ships and factions.
- Avorion features co-op multiplayer. Play with your friends, team up to build stations together, destroy enemy factions and pirates, or meet your pals in large PvP battles!
- Procedural Space Ships and Stations. Space ships and stations in Avorion are procedurally generated, based on styles. Different ships that have the same style as a basis will resemble one another.
- Mine Asteroids – Build Your Fleet. Be a miner, be a scavenger: The resources necessary for building ships are gathered by mining asteroids or looting old ship wrecks. Collect enough credits to build up enormous space ships!
- Space Sandbox – Explore, Build, Trade, Wage Wars. You’re free to do everything you want to: Explore, mine, trade, help others, build up an army, go to war, be a pirate, raid helpless freighters. Do whatever suits your playstyle!
- Trade and Diplomacy. Find profitable trading routes and trade with other factions, fight pirates, or become a pirate yourself by preying on freighters and stealing their goods!
- Build Your Own Ship – Or Fleet. You can build your own personal ship just as you wish to. There will be seven different materials, each with different properties and dozens of blocks enabling you to build your perfect ship.
- Creative Freedom. Players can either build their ships themselves or let them be generated by the game. Blocks can be arbitrarily scaled and ships have no maximum size limit, so go ahead and build that large battleship you’ve always dreamed of!
- Combat And Space Warfare. The galaxy gets more dangerous and hostile the nearer you get to the core. Upgrade your ships with new materials, turrets and systems and fight your way to the core to unravel the galaxies’ secrets!
Avorion is a great action space game that shows traces of EVE online and Emperyion GS. Has a nice system for setting up fleets of ships that can do various jobs. This game has done a lot of things no other space game has done before, but is still very familiar and easy to pick up if you have played space games before. Explore the galaxy at your own pace to find valuable goods in old ship wreckages, undiscovered asteroid fields rich of resources, unchartered asteroids which you can claim for yourself, or clues as to what happened during the event a few hundred years back. Build specialized transport ships with lots of cargo space or heavily armored battleships with strong shields. And why build only one ship? Hire captains to fly your ships for you, manage your crews, weapons, hangars and fighters and build your own fleet of space ships! You don't have to fight the galaxy alone! Avorion features co-op multiplayer, so team up with your friends to build stations together and destroy pirates and enemy factions! In Avorion you choose your personal playstyle. Haul cargo, find profitable trading routes and found factories. Or maybe you're sick of being the good guy? Build your own battleship, equip it with powerful weaponry and blow away your enemies.