Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.
Gears 5 is an action-adventure game made by The Coalition and published by Xbox Game Studios. Following the events of the previous game, JD, Del, and Marcus are officially reinstated in the COG Army along with Kait, who is given the rank of Corporal. Reformed as the new Delta Squad, they travel to the ruins of Azura at Baird’s request in order to launch a Hammer of Dawn satellite in an effort to restore the Hammer of Dawn network to use against the Swarm. Despite Swarm resistance, the launch is successful and they return to the COG capital, New Ephyra, but find out from Baird that he still cannot locate the other satellites. Jinn finds out about the launch and orders them not to restore the network, since it would go against the wishes of the late Anya Stroud, who had decided to permanently decommission the Hammer of Dawn. Jinn then receives word that Settlement 2 is under attack and sends JD’s squad to assist the evacuation. Accompanying them in defending the settlement are Cole, Clayton Carmine, his niece Lizzie, and Fahz, JD and Del’s former squad mate.
|Release Date: 6 Sep, 2019
Developer: The Coalition
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genre: Action, Adventure
Steam Download – Gears 5
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
- Play as Jack: Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies – perfect for players new to Gears.
- Tours of Duty: Rank up from new recruit to four-star general in Gears Tours of Duty. Take on new and exciting challenges, earn awesome rewards, and show off your loo.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on compatible machines
- Boot Camp: New to Gears or just a little rusty? Bootcamp is a fun way to learn the ropes, from the basics to advanced combat techniques.
Gears 5 Trailer
Gears 5 Review
From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever, with five thrilling modes and the deepest campaign yet. Gears 5 offers more variety than previous Gears and, thanks to Jack, gives real strategic skills for the first time. I also like the longer, atmospheric story sections. Fortunately, the storyline with Kait offers suspense, as the story about the Hammer of Dawn doesn't exactly sparkle with ingenuity. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself. The new installment works great regardless of whether you play alone, or in coop, as well as during multiplayer battles. Sure, maybe it's not very inventive and rather similar to previous GoWs, but in this case, it's a great recommendation. Though a tad slow to get going, Gears 5 has reinvented itself in ways many of us didn't dare dream was possible, blending what we loved about the franchise with a fresh story, personable protagonists, and some of the best visuals and shooting mechanics we've seen.