Collectible card game embedded into the vast world of The Witcher
Gwent is a fast-paced collectible card game that simulates two armies meeting on the battlefield. The objective of Gwent is fairly simple: ensure that the total strength of your cards on the board is greater than that of your opponent’s. While offering some serious, mind-bending tactical possibilities, GWENT remains a game you can learn to play in less than 15 minutes. The game is played over a best-of-three series of rounds, as players unleash their hand by slinging spells and diverse units with special abilities and use clever tricks to deceive their opponents. Each player must have a full deck for at least one faction to participate in a game of Gwent. This includes a minimum of 22 unit cards and a maximum of 10 special cards. These unit cards can be made up of faction-specific units or Neutral cards, and if a player has more than 22 cards, they may choose to omit them from their deck in favor of drawing a better hand. Take risks and think on your feet, strategize and deliver cunning combos, use potent magic and mighty hero cards and be the last one standing on the field of honor!
|Relase date: September 2016|
Developer: CD Projekt Red Studio
Genre: Collectible card game
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win XP 32
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- PICK A SIDE, BUILD YOUR DECK, AND BATTLE FRIENDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD! There’s only one GWENT, but there are several factions you can choose to command. The proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms, or shadowy Scoia’tael — each offering a different playstyle which you can adjust to your liking via friendly deckbuilder and elegant card-crafting mechanics.
- EPIC QUESTS AWAIT IN A SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN RICH IN UNTOLD STORIES FROM THE WITCHER! Brought to you by the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the single player campaign of GWENT thrusts players into an event-rich world they can roam freely.
- MULTIPLAYER. Play for fun with friends or enter ranked battles in pursuit of fame and glory! With additional cards and factions like the powerful Nilfgaard coming in the future, GWENT is endless fun!
- IF YOU CAN’T OVERPOWER YOUR ENEMY, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO OUTSMART THEM! To win, play it smart and lure your opponent into using up their cards first. Alternatively sacrifice one round and take the game by emerging victorious in the next one.
- THE GAMEBOARD IS DIVIDED INTO SEVERAL AREAS, BUT ONE IS PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT, IT’S THE BATTLEFIELD. It contains three rows: Melee, Ranged, and Siege. You’ll populate each of these rows by placing cards with a different combat value.
- AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, YOU WILL DRAW 10 CARDS FROM YOUR DECK.Each card has a combat value, a row designation (Melee, Ranged, or Siege), and some of them also have an ability.
- THE AIM OF THE GAME IS SIMPLE: GWENT. IS ALL ABOUT ACCUMULATING MORE POINTS THAN YOUR OPPONENT. You’re winning as long as your total score is higher than your opponent’s. The trick to winning a match lies in thoughtfully gathering points and manipulating their count through different combos.
- WIN TWO OUT OF THREE ROUNDS TO TAKE THE GAME. Either charge through the match winning two games in a row, or deliberately lose one game in order to emerge victorious in the next.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is a free-to-play CCG with distinctive strategic elements and multiple modes of play. What is amazing about Gwent’s gameplay is that the developers have managed to not only design an excellent card game, but they’ve managed to create something totally unique. Gwent features some of the most realistic characters. The card graphics are great, too.