The most beautiful period of naval history – when sailing ships ruled the seas.
Naval Action is a massively multiplayer naval combat game made and published by Game-Labs. Fight for the domination of the West Indies, recreated based on 18th Century maps and navigational charts. Build ships, trade, attack enemies of your nation almost everywhere and capture their ships. Open trading outposts and levy taxes in the ports governed by your clan. Invest to turn your controlled ports into industrial hubs, shipbuilding arsenals or fortified harbours. Invite other clans of your nation into your alliance. Accurate hull models, sail plans, guns, internal upgrades, historical speed trials were used in the creation of vessels. The game features 50+ ships from small cutters to large 100+ gun 1st rates allowing the player to experience every possible role of that era.
Release Date: 13 Jun, 2019
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, Simulation, Strategy
Steam Download – Naval Action
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B60 3.3 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 460 1GB or AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB (must support shader 5 model)
HDD: 2 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-9370 4.4 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB (must support shader 5 model)
HDD: 2 GB
- Realistic sailing – Advanced wind and physics model provides for realistic portrayal of ship’s performance in the age of sail. Yard angles, ship angle to wind, fittings and ship condition affects speeds and turning rates. Correct tacking, boxhauling, clubhauling and other elements of realistic sailing will help you win battles in most adverse conditions.
- Damage model – Every cannonball is tracked in the air and after it hits the target. Leaks, structural damage, torn sails, demasting, raking, fires, explosions and all other hazards that were possible in that era. Damage is positional: hit the gun and you might destroy it. Gunnery crews are placed deck by deck. Shot can pass through the balcony, ricochet of the gun, hit a crew member and then fly out of the gunport splashing into the water. Armor thickness and wood types affect strength of the hull and cannonballs will ricochet from the hulls at extreme angles.
- Gunnery and weapons – Major types of naval artillery are implemented: from long guns to mortars to carronades and obusiers. Fort and land batteries will provide you with support during battles near shores. Mortar vessels can destroy fortifications, though they may require an escort.
- Customization – Choose economy and battle perks as you progress through higher ranks. Loot or craft the shipbuilding woods that fit the characteristics you want to give to your future ship. Find knowledge books in enemy vessels and build upgrades to improve the performance of your ship.
- Each gun has realistic ballistics and penetration performance based on historical gun charts and admiralty tests.. Heel and wind affects the shooting distance and will require a change in tactics.
Naval Action Trailer
Naval Action Review
Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat game immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas. No game has come closer to the replication of the Age of Sail sailing mechanics and combat. Age of sail combat is a personal affair with no dirty tricks, corner camping, or hiding in bushes: you see the enemy from 20km and so do they. Just like in boxing you have to get close; and use all your tactical knowledge of wind, your ship to slug it out face to face. Broadside weight matters, but even a smaller vessel can overcome the superior enemy by focusing on the enemy weak spots. Accomplish missions for your Admiralty to earn doubloons, combat medals and reward chests. Deliver cargo or passengers, hunt specific ships, join patrol zones battles and sink as many ships as you can. Buy trading goods at low prices, haul them to distant places for high profits. Board ships and sell them and their cargo at nearby ports. Use shallow waters at your advantage to escape from larger ships. If you like sailing ships and shooting cannons then this is the game for you.