For the first time in a sports game, NBA 2K18 introduces a narrative-driven, story-based franchise experience.
NBA 2K18 is a basketball simulation video game developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. The future of sports career modes has arrived, allowing you to play the game the way you like. It is a simulation game which, like the previous games in the series, strives to realistically depict the National Basketball Association (NBA), as well as present improvements over the previous installments. The player mainly plays NBA games with real-life or customized players and teams; games follow the rules and objectives of NBA games. Several game modes are present and many settings can be customized. In terms of commentary, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett appear as guest commentators. The overarching meta-game that rewards users for improving their MyPLAYER’s overall rating, regardless of which modes they choose to play. Featuring a unified badge system across Pro-Am, Park and your NBA journey in MyCAREER, your attributes, animations and badges all combine to define your play style on your road to a 99 overall rating.
Release Date: 14 Sep, 2017
Developer: Visual Concepts
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 805 @ 2.50 GHz or better
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 450 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 7770 1GB or better
HDD: 70 GB
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4430 @ 3 GHz / AMD FX-8370 @ 3.4 GHz or better
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 2GB / ATI® Radeon™ R9 270 2GB or better
HDD: 70 GB
- The new motion system brings player control to a new level of realism. Now, dribbling and off the ball movement are no longer driven by animations. This groundbreaking technology dynamically creates animations to deliver the best gameplay experience possible. You are now in complete control.
- Play with 62 of the NBA’s greatest teams from the past, including 17 new additions. Pit your favorite classic roster against current NBA teams, replay epic Finals matchups, find out if Shaq & Kobe can compete with the great Lakers teams of the past, or matchup the ’97-98 Bulls against the ’15-16 Warriors to settle the argument once and for all. The possibilities are endless.
- Hit shots more consistently thanks to an improved shot meter, featuring multiple feedback points for more precise shot timing.
- For the first time in a sports game, MyGM introduces a narrative-driven, story-based franchise experience that maintains all of the user control and team building aspects that fans have come to love over the years. Your path will be determined by the choices you make and the answers you provide at many key points in the narrative. Make the story your own, and build a winner!
- Countless hours of work have been put in to make every NBA player look and feel like their real-life counterparts, down to the smallest details including scars, stretch marks, and even faded tattoos. The player body system has been completely redesigned to accurately match the physique of every player in the league, and player faces have been rebuilt from scratch to show more details and respond more realistically to light.
- 2K’s fan-favorite franchise mode allows users complete customization over their league. Choose the number of games and teams, adjust the league settings, and apply your custom setup to a single season, multi-season or online experience. Or, skip the regular season and jump right into to the Playoffs.
- Laser scanned uniforms from all 30 NBA teams accurately depict each design down to the smallest stitch. Using True Color Technology, team colors have never been more pure & authentic, and whites have never popped so brightly. And with the overhauled player body system, uniforms fit accurately for each specific body type. To round out the complete on-court look of an NBA player, users will enjoy the largest collection of scanned shoes and accessories in NBA 2K history.
- The greatest players in NBA history from all 30 teams, together on All-Time franchise rosters for the very first time. Compete in Play Now to find out which franchise’s All-Time Team reigns supreme, or challenge all 30 All-Time Teams in MyTEAM’s All-Time Domination mode.
- The biggest roster of broadcasting talent in sports videogame history gets even bigger. Future Hall of Famers and former NBA 2K cover athletes Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett join the booth on a rotating basis to lend their expertise to the broadcast, bringing the total number of in-game broadcasters to 13.
- Both MyGM and MyLEAGUE feature numerous updates to match real-life NBA rules, including many from the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Negotiate player contracts that work best for your franchise and each player, including Super Max & “Bird Rights” deals for elite players, Over-38 contracts for older players, and two-way contracts for younger players.
NBA 2K18 Trailer
NBA 2K18 Review
NBA 2K18 returns to be the star of the sports games. This year the game includes huge changes with My Career and My GM modes, and you can spend plenty of hours playing these two modes. Of course, we see changes on the gameplay front, and new options like the All Time Teams. NBA 2K18 shines in the areas that matter most to basketball fanatics, through excellent gameplay and presentation, a variety of modes all with considerable depth and its celebration of the league's history. 2K Sports is getting absolutely brazen with their community, testing the limits of what they'll put up with in terms of microtransactions in 2K18. Thankfully it doesn't persist into every mode, because there's a lot of good ones to compliment the excellent gameplay and presentation. The best title of the series without any doubt, and one of the best sports titles published thus far.