A sci-fi colony simulation driven by an inteligent AI storyteller.
RimWorld is a construction and management simulation video game developed by Ludeon Studios inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Firefly, and Dune. The main objective of the game is to expand a colony made by the survivors of a spaceship crash. When enough resources are procured, the player can escape the planet. The game has a top-down 2-dimensional view. The story of the game is generated randomly by an AI storyteller. You begin with three survivors of a shipwreck on a distant world. The plot revolves around several in-game characters who have landed on a stranded planet when their own spaceship crashed. Combat and psychology of the characters is very detailed; similar to Dwarf Fortress, every colonist has a different personality. Initially, the player starts with three in-game characters; if the player does not like one of their character’s attributes, they can keep generating new characters until they find a character they like. The initial starting characters can be renamed if the player wishes. RimWorld is a story generator. It’s designed to co-author tragic, twisted, and triumphant stories about imprisoned pirates, desperate colonists, starvation and survival.
|Relase date: 16 July, 2016|
Developer: Ludeon Studios
Publisher: Ludeon Studios
Genre: Management, Simulation
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win XP 32
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10 64
- Watch colonists develop and break relationships with family members, lovers, and spouses.
- Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, and illnesses.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Fashion structures, weapons, and apparel from metal, wood, stone, cloth, or futuristic materials.
- Discover a new generated world each time you play.
- Fight pirate raiders, hostile tribes, rampaging animals, giant tunnelling insects and ancient killing machines.
- Build colonies in the desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
- Trade with passing ships and trade caravans.
- Decorate your colony to make it into a pleasurable space.
- Capture refugees or prisoners and turn them to your side or sell them into slavery.
- Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
RimWorld is a colony-builder/survival simulation game from one man dev team, Ludeon Studios. This game is not only an excellent, highly entertaining colony sim, it's also one of the most polished and content rich Early Access games. RimWorld is quite complex, but perfectly accessible for anybody.