A sci-fi colony simulation driven by an inteligent AI storyteller.
RimWorld is a construction and management simulation video game developed by Ludeon Studios inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Firefly, and Dune. The main objective of the game is to expand a colony made by the survivors of a spaceship crash. When enough resources are procured, the player can escape the planet. The game has a top-down 2-dimensional view. The story of the game is generated randomly by an AI storyteller. You begin with three survivors of a shipwreck on a distant world. The plot revolves around several in-game characters who have landed on a stranded planet when their own spaceship crashed. Combat and psychology of the characters is very detailed; similar to Dwarf Fortress, every colonist has a different personality. Initially, the player starts with three in-game characters; if the player does not like one of their character’s attributes, they can keep generating new characters until they find a character they like. The initial starting characters can be renamed if the player wishes. RimWorld is a story generator. It’s designed to co-author tragic, twisted, and triumphant stories about imprisoned pirates, desperate colonists, starvation and survival.
Relase date:17 Oct, 2018
Developer: Ludeon Studios
Publisher: Ludeon Studios
Genre: Management, Simulation
OS: Win XP 32
CPU: Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2 GB
GRAPHIC: Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB of RAM
HDD: 0.5 GB
OS: Win 10 64
CPU: Core i3
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB Ram
HDD: 0.5 GB
- Watch colonists develop and break relationships with family members, lovers, and spouses.
- Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, and illnesses.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Fashion structures, weapons, and apparel from metal, wood, stone, cloth, or futuristic materials.
- Discover a new generated world each time you play.
- Fight pirate raiders, hostile tribes, rampaging animals, giant tunnelling insects and ancient killing machines.
- Build colonies in the desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
- Trade with passing ships and trade caravans.
- Decorate your colony to make it into a pleasurable space.
- Capture refugees or prisoners and turn them to your side or sell them into slavery.
- Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
RimWorld is a colony-builder/survival simulation game from one man dev team, Ludeon Studios. The creator has put time and effort to make this, and the variation of what you can do is a lot. Coming up with different strategies and adapting the difficulty is one of the most fun parts about the game. It follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. This game is fantastic if you like build a colony from the ground up, it's very interactive and you'll always have something to do, be it planning a new room for your base, building up defenses, creating a more reliable food source or even raiding enemy factions. RimWorld is quite complex, but perfectly accessible for anybody. If you like colony builders than this is for you. DF fans and casuals alike will find a lot here to enjoy. This will be one of the defining games of the genre.