See what Sam sees, feel what Sam feels, and find out what it’s like to BE the legend!
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter is a virtual reality first person shooter developed by Croteam VR and published by Devolver Digital. The classic arcade FPS Serious Sam: The First Encounter, which scored an overall of 87% on Metacritic and was awarded Game of The Year 2001 on Gamespot, is now reborn in glorious Virtual Reality for legions of long-time fans and a whole new generation of gamers around the world. Serious Sam is sent back through time to ancient Egypt to battle, explore and seek wisdom in 15 huge Egypt levels that also have over 80 secrets hidden and waiting to be discovered, in what is considered to be one of the most visually enjoyable VR experiences! Plunge into chaos with up to 16 players in various cooperative and versus modes, some playable in campaign levels, some in unique versus levels and some also in teams! Alone or with other team members, try to stay alive as long as you can against endless enemy attacks in specially designed survival map!
|Release Date: 30 March, 2017|
Developer: Croteam VR
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Genre: Action, VR, Shooting
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win XP
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10 64
- Serious Locomotion – Explore the levels using trackpad movement (if you are brave enough), go with safer built-in teleportation system and move quickly to avoid charging enemies with the help of Sam’s personal translocator device or tweak and adjust the way you move through the VR space to best suit you playing style with using our own Serious Warp ™ locomotion.
- Old School, New Engine – Hordes of enemies and non-stop action set against the expansive and visually stunning backdrop of ancient Egypt – all powered by the latest Serious Engine 2017 to create one of the most impressive VR experiences yet!
- Double the Gun, Double the Fun – Let go of the keyboard and gun down enemies in VR, one weapon in each hand, or dual-wield them, quadrupling your stopping power. Combine different guns or just grab two of the same, but whatever your style, remember: Mental must be stopped!
- Serious Sam Fusion 2017 integration – receive free updates for this game through the central hub. Oh, and play cross-platform with players of the “flat” version to find out what’s the ultimate combo: hi-tech motion controllers or good old keyboard & mouse
- Steam Workshop Support – where you will be able to submit your content creation or download new player-created modifications.
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter Trailer
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter Review
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter is a frantic arcade action FPS, featuring singleplayer and co-op campaign modes, various multiplayer modes, all presented in glorious VR with Croteam's new Serious Warp movement system. It starts pretty strong already, but the later levels are more aesthetically pleasing, and the huge bosses, massive number of enemies, and large-scale levels all add to the awesomeness. Shooting feels accurate without any auto-aim, and the laser sight they give you on the more accurate guns really helps for sniping farther targets. The menu has options for locomotion, so you can play teleporting or running around. You can also dual-wield, which wasn't a thing in the original game. One of the best combinations of technical performance, amount of content and sheer enjoyment currently available in VR. So if your looking for a fast paced 360 degrees shooter then I'd highly recommend it.