Fantasy Meets Norse Mythology.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard is an action role-playing game developed by Games Farm and published by Kalypso Media Digital. You are the leader of a clan of Norse warriors. Your future holds many things, but most important is the fate of your tribe. Will you save their way of life, or will Ragnarok destroy all that is known? Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. As clan chief, you must save Midgard from complete annihilation, and spearhead the charge to vanquish the fiendish creatures of the Fimbulwinter. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode? When you first start Vikings – Wolves of Midgard you will be given the chance to create a Viking warrior. You can save several warriors, so if you need a change, simply create a new hero! Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards. The Ulfung Village is where you will equip your character, choose new missions and make friends with the villagers.
Release Date: 24 March, 2017
Developer: Games Farm
Publisher: Kalypso Media Digital
Genre: RPG, Action
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core i7 or better
- Fantasy Meets Norse Mythology. Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Art Of Combat. Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter. Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- The Power Of The Gods. Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki.
- Tribute To The Gods. Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Teamwork. Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode.
- Berserker Rage. Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Trailer
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Review
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard takes you to the Shores of Midgard, a world based upon the mythology and history of the Vikings, but with a fantasy twist. This interpretation of Ragnarok and Norse mythology creates an interesting campaign setting that’s not often used in games, and the visual and sound design make this an engrossing title once the player gets past the tutorials. The game features absolutely divine graphic! You don't have the chance to see this much of a wonder everyday. Fast and intense combat system. Dodge and look for space to fight back - and this is the line that distinguish it from other hack 'n slash titles. There are plenty of places where the game lacks polish, the movement is a bit too literal on the mouse, selling/crafting/inventory are a bit of a chore with a non-convenient UI. Also, the item progression is fairly linear. But ignore all the small negatives for a moment, and focus: the game itself is great. Combat is challenging and engaging. The story carries you forward into new adventures and new baddies and new goodies to slay. Shortcomings aside, hack and slash fiends who are looking for their next fix should definitely check out Vikings: Wolves of Midgard, a genre effort which more than earns its passage into Valhalla.