Complex socio-economic simulator for a challenging city-building experience on its own.
Ymir is an indie simulation strategy game made and published by Thibaud Michaud. The game is divided in 2 main interfaces : a worldmap view and a regional view. Each world tile matches a unique procedurally generated isometric zone that can be explored, settled and built on by players. In each one players can find random resources such as ores , animals or plants depending on the climate, relief and vegetation of the region. A simulator instead of a set of independent game rules : all variables and actions influence each other in sometimes unpredictable ways that makes things frustratingly challenging.
|Release Date: 16 Mar, 2019|
Developer: Thibaud Michaud
Publisher: Thibaud Michaud
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Steam Download – Ymir
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- Pigs with clothes.
- 7 biomes, each one with its own specific resources to encourage player-trading.
- Multiplayer on local or persistent servers.
- Advanced diplomatic and economic tools to setup treaties ( right of passage, taxes, payments, trade agreements… ) and trade routes between players.
- Complex socio-economic simulator for a challenging city-building experience on its own.
- Real-time battles.
- Technological evolution with hundreds to techs, from the stone age to post-iron age.
- WILL remain free of any pay-to-win .
- Fully procedural worlds where each region is random and unique.
Ymir is a 4X multiplayer strategy game combined with a city builder where each player develops a civilization of Pigmen starting at the stone age. This game is a love letter to the glorious days of isometric city building games like Caesar, Pharao and Emperor. Combined with the perfect implementation when it comes to making such games multiplayer, this is truly worth purchasing and supporting. Real-time battles are not instantiated and actually take place in your cities. Build and customize your fortifications with walls, bridges, gates, stairs, towers and battlements. With the terrain tools, modify the terrain heights to take maximum advantage of natural defenses like cliffs and hill tops. I highly recommend this game to those who enjoy games such as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings 2, Civilization, and any sort of 4X games. It feels unique in every aspect, and though development is slow, it will only get better!