Catch the biggest fish, fight to reel them in, but don’t let them snap the line and escape!
Catch & Release is a virtual reality fishing sports game made by metricminds GmbH & Co KG and published by Advanced Interactive Gaming Ltd. It places you on a beautiful mountain lake and lets you freely explore and row around while you choose your fishing spot and take in the scenery. The backdrop for your fishing adventures includes dense forest, mountains, cliffs and reed covered coastlines. Catch & Release works on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Microsoft Mixed Reality. Step into your rowboat, grab the paddles and dive into a meditative, relaxing VR fishing experience like no other.
Release Date: 7 Jun, 2018
Developer: metricminds GmbH & Co KG
Publisher: Advanced Interactive Gaming Ltd.
Genre: Casual, Sports, Simulation, VR
Catch & Release
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Fishing. Catch the biggest fish, fight to reel them in, but don’t let them snap the line and escape! You’ll need strategy and finesse to tire them out if you want to make the greatest catch!
- Boat. Use the unique rowing mechanics to find the best fishing spots and explore the beautiful environment.
- Secrets. Find trash or treasure. The lake hides more than just fish!
- Rod. Throw the line out and attract a fish – Your interactive fishing rod offers you full control, with different bait and lures and haptic feedback.
- Music. Original soundtrack with over 30 tracks playing on the in-game boat radio.
- What else? If you want to take a break from chasing the catch of the century, just sit and relax. Listen to the radio, skip stones, have a drink. Outside of missions, there is no timer to stress you out. Remember …
Catch & Release Trailer
Catch & Release Review
Catch & Release has been built from the ground up for VR and tracked controllers. Choose the right bait, pick a good fishing ground and cast your rod to get the biggest fish on the hook! But once you do, it’s not over yet. You’ll have to tire out your catch and win the fight before you can reel it in! While you fish you can listen to music on the radio, skip stones across the lake or use any other of the many interactive items. The game is designed to enable players to unwind and play however they want, or you can take on missions to unlock new gear and interactive items to help you catch the biggest fish! The dynamic rumble feedback of the rod and line are completely realistic and immersive, easy to lose yourself in for hours. The fish look amazing and wiggly, smooth framerate and beautiful scenery. Really fun and relaxing game. Enough objectives to keep it interesting, casual enough to play with a friend who isn't great at games.