Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization – discover a New World
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization is a remake of the 1994 turn-based strategy game Sid Meier’s Colonization. Players control settlers from one of four European nations, Spain, England, France, or the Netherlands, that are trying to conquer/colonize the New World in the period between 1492–1792. The final goal of each player is to build up their colonies and a standing army, then declare independence from their mother country and defeat the military force that the King sends to crush the rebellion. In order to build and expand their cities, players must balance negotiations with several separate groups: the natives of the Americas, colonists from the player’s home country, and other colonists from the old world. Players may also recruit founding fathers to join their cause — each with a specific bonus that helps them throughout the game.
Relase date: Sep 22, 2008
Developer: Firaxis Games
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy
Civilization 4: Colonization
OS: Win XP 32
OS: Win 7 64
- Fight the Homeland and Establish a New Nation: Play as the English, Spanish, French or the Dutch and journey to a brave new world in search of freedom from your oppressive homeland.
- Classic Game Design Rebuilt for the Modern Era: Usher forth a new generation of Sid Meier’s Colonization gameplay built on the award-winning Civilization IV engine, providing the beautiful visuals, famously addictive gameplay and endless fun that are synonymous with Sid Meier strategy games.
- Historical Figures Provide Adaptive Gameplay: Acquire founding fathers such as John Smith, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams who will help guide your nation to freedom based on your gameplay style.
- Improved Diplomacy: Sustain peace and support your followers as you engage in advanced negotiations with natives, other colonists and the hostile homeland – Trade resources, gold and land as you build the foundation for a self-sufficient and powerful colony.
- Brand New Interface: Both Civilization IV fans and players new to the series will feel right at home with an interface that Firaxis has built to be accessible and easy to navigate.
- Mods & Community Tools: Players will have limitless options for modifying the game to suit their needs. Firaxis will ship the game with modding tools including a map editor using XML and Python.
- Multiplayer Offers Endless Replay Value: Compete with friends from all over the world via the Internet and Play by Email modes or compete locally via the Hotseat and LAN modes, offering endless ways to conquer the New World.
Civilization 4: Colonization Official Trailer
Civilization IV: Colonization Reviews:
A perfect remake of a true strategy classic. The few things Firaxis changed are sensible and functional. Colonization is brilliant, not just for the way that it successfully captures the fun and feel of one of a classic PC game, but also for the way that it brings that design into a new era. The classic gameplay is mostly untouched, so all the grumpy old gamers will feel right at home.