Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is a legendary turn based strategy game developed by Firaxis and published by 2K Games. Compete against history’s greatest leaders to build a civilization that will stand the test of time. One or more players compete alongside computer-controlled AI opponents to grow their individual civilization from a small tribe to control of the entire planet across several periods of development. This can be accomplished by achieving one of several victory conditions, all based on the 4X gameplay elements, “eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate”. Wage war, conduct diplomacy, advance your culture, and go head-to-head with history’s greatest leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known. Civilization VI builds upon the general gameplay of Civilization V, including continuing the use of the hex-based grid introduced in Civilization V. The game’s technology tree, now known as the active research system, has also been modified to help boost technology research if the player has access to appropriate improvements or resources. Competing leaders will pursue their own agendas based on their historical traits as you race for one of five ways to achieve victory in the game.
Release Date: 21 Oct, 2016
Publisher: 2K Games
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10 64
- COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
- ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
- A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
Civilization VI Trailer
Civilization VI Review:
Civilization VI brings the series back to its best. The enormity of Civilization cannot be overstated. So far: possibly the biggest and deepest game in the series' 25-year history. The series brashly attempts to simulate the entirety of human history over the course of 500 (or fewer) in-game turns. Firaxis have rewritten the rules for cities completely. Visually, they’re more impressive, spreading across the tiles that they control rather than simply improving and exploiting them, but that visual change is a depiction of a new approach to cities as a game system. Also, in a reversal of Civ V’s empire-wide happiness level system, in Civ VI each city’s happiness has reverted back to being individually determined. Sight, sound, and systems harmonize to make Civilization 6 the liveliest, most engrossing, most rewarding, most challenging 4X in any corner of the earth. This is a supremely strong strategy experience that already looks in far better shape than its predecessor was at launch. Civilization 6 proves, it is the ultimate digital board game.