Embrace the challenge of being an agent of Death.
Death’s Gambit is a hardcore 2D action platformer with rich RPG elements. Videogame made by White Rabbit and published by Adult Swim Games. The promise of immortality lies at the heart of Siradon. As Death’s right hand, challenge the undying guardians of the realm and endure the eternal struggle to purge their souls. But what reward awaits a faithful servant of Death? Master the precise combat, utilizing a wide variety of weapons and abilities to confront the horrors that lurk deep within Siradon. Explore a mysterious and unforgiving world to uncover the true price of immortality.
Release Date: 14 Aug, 2018
Developer: White Rabbit
Publisher: Adult Swim Games
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, RPG
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Expansive World – Travel across the beautifully rendered Obsidian Vale, Witch Woods, Sanguine City, and more. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life, and uncover their narrative threads and secrets.
- Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 10 weapon types including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Harness 30 weapon abilities and spells to create your own build.
- Character Classes – Choose from seven playable classes, level up, pick your favorite talents from the skill tree, adapt your strategies, and improve your chances of survival.
- Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all new challenge and master their new abilities.
- Incredible Bosses – Hunt towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
- Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score composed by Kyle Hnedak, that sets the tone for Death’s Gambit’s world with over 2 hours of evocative music.
- Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
- New Game Plus – Complete Death’s Gambit to unlock New Game+ in brackets of three to set your own difficulty, and endure the struggle all over again.
Death’s Gambit Trailer
Death’s Gambit Review
Death's Gambit is a challenging Action-RPG through which you explore an alien medieval planet filled with beasts, knights, and horrors. As an agent of Death, bound to his service, banish your fears and endure the struggle that lies at the heart of Leydia. The game looks great and runs well most of the time, with a solid challenge that is also unlikely to frustrate players too much. With multiple ways to experience the game, I can see myself returning to the game with a different playstyle. If you like exploring, fighting and challenges in a medieval setting, this is your game. You can tell it's a humble project with a tight budget behind it, but the results are very good.