A new saga begins for one of the most acclaimed video game franchises in history.
Gears of War 4 is a third-person shooter video game developed by The Coalition and published by Microsoft Studios. Gears of War 4 takes place 25 years after the Imulsion Countermeasure weapon destroyed all Imulsion on the planet Sera, taking the Locust and the Lambent with them as well. Unfortunately, this also knocked out the use of fossil fuels, forcing humanity to adapt new ways for survival. After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy. Many gameplay elements from the previous games are retained such as taking cover to avoid damage and performing active reloads. A new feature is the Combat Knife, which can be used for melee attacks and allows new ways to perform executions. Team up with four others and battle wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemies by choosing your combat class, leveling up your skills and deploying fortifications anywhere on the map.
|Release Date: 11 October, 2016|
Developer: The Coalition
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Genre: Action, Shooting
Gears of War 4
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10 64
- 25 Years after Gears of War 3, spurred by a series of strange disappearances, JD Fenix must embrace his father’s legacy and battle a terrifying new enemy.
- Brutal New Weapons: An incredible arsenal of new weapons includes the Buzzkill and Dropshot, which can shoot around and over cover, raining destruction from all angles
- Never Fight Alone: Enjoy two-player co-op with friends locally via split-screen. Player 2 can select either Kait or Del.
- Explosive Versus Multiplayer: Compete online in new and favorite game types, all at 60fps on dedicated servers. A new visible ranking system means fairer matchmaking for social, competitive and professional players alike.
- Redefined Cover Gameplay: New close-cover combat moves and combat-knife executions turn each piece of cover into an offensive opportunity.
Gears of War 4 Trailer
Gears of War 4 Review:
Gears of War 4 is the best possible sequel to Epic's trilogy. The Coalition have made a frantic, solid and fun TPS with correct and original new features in all game modes, and was able to keep the proven and brutal gameplay feeling and still improve and develop it in a sensible way. Gears of War 4 doesn't reinvent the formula but it definitely brings enough improvements without changing the core feel of Gears. Supported by a great multiplayer and cooperative modes as well as an amazing campaign, the game only falls short on its script and character development. Horde 3.0 is awesome and deep, the new multiplayer modes are fun and the history feels like a 3D Contra game. A very well-executed, bug-free game with awesome technical effects. The Gears faithful should rejoice, as a new saga is just getting lubricated.