A Virtual Reality Shooter with Roguelike elements.
In Death is an action shooting game developed and published by Sólfar Studios. Surreal medieval setting is presented in a procedurally generated world with monsters, mysteries and loot. Driven by an achievement-based progression system that advances between sessions, each run is unique, with unpredictable outcomes. Only a courageous hero that dares to venture deep into the Afterlife will be able to restore Harmony.
Release Date: 2 Oct, 2018
Developer: Sólfar Studios
Publisher: Sólfar Studios
Genre: Shooting, Indie, VR
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel i5-4590 or greater
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater
HDD: 6 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel i7-4790 or greater
RAM: 16 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 or greater
HDD: 6 GB
- Ranged Combat, Perfected: Make intense kills with your longbow, while using your shield to both block ranged attacks or defend against short-range melee threats. Shield bash enemies threatening to swarm you and buy yourself precious time for that short-range headshot.
- Upgrade your bow with a host of special arrows gained by looting monsters, finding pick-ups or by visiting in-level Reliquaries where you can power up with a range of intense special arrows to help you blast through ever harsher enemy encounters.
- Beautiful, Medieval Setting: Powered by Unreal Engine, In Death pushes the boundaries of visual performance in VR. Optimized to scale performance to take the best possible advantage of your PC, we strive to bring a high level of visual polish to your experience, with more to come as we progress through Early Access to Full Release.
- Unique locomotion system: In Death introduces an innovative, fresh movement system tailored for VR comfort and perfectly coupled with your fighting stance. Switch instantly from combat arrows to a magic teleport arrow to navigate anywhere you can shoot. If you prefer, throw the single-handed teleport shard to perform short strafes, dash around corners or quickly retreat from overwhelming opposition.
- Convenience Settings for Your Playstyle (and Friends): Play right- or left handed, seated or standing, and with or without snap rotation depending on your sensor setup. And switch into Demo mode without sacrificing your progression if your friends want to jump in.
- Global, Cross Platform Leaderboards & Personal Stats: Fight your way to pole position on the global leaderboards, competing for placement in the all-time top 10 rankings or the 24 hour leaderboard. All VR players compete together, irrespective of their VR rig of choice. And track your own progress with statistics showing your current run stats against your personal best performance.
In Death Trailer
In Death Review
A VR Shooter with Roguelike elements: Inspired by classic Roguelike dungeon crawlers, In Death pays homage to this merciless genre favoured by core gamers. With no save points, each procedurally generated run uses a random seed to generate the map with randomized enemy and loot spawn points. Your only weapon is a bow & arrow, but you’ll gain specialty arrows as you progress. For blocking attacks you can quickly activate your shield with your bow hand by holding down trigger, after you release the trigger your bow returns. Game progression is driven by an achievement system that persists across each run and scales the difficulty level of the game in lockstep with your mastery of it. In Death is not your usual fun, whimsical adventure where you can do your stats up slowly, learn the lay of the land and hopefully make it to the next checkpoint. Because there are no checkpoints, no joy to be had, no taverns to rest your weary head in, it’s survival at its deadliest. The enemies evolve over time. Some are completely new. Some are harder fighting, harder to kill versions of existing enemy. The weapons also improve with time and have many creative ways to kill the enemy. The whole experience is exceptionally well polished and challenging. If you’re looking for a fresh new bow & arrow dungeon crawler, then I recommend it.