A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land/sea/air with most places accessible by foot.
Ragnarok – ARK Expansion Map is a downloadable content to ARK: Survival Evolved game developed by Studio Wildcard, Instinct Games, Efecto Studios and Virtual Basement LLC. Journey through an expansive 144 sq. kilometer environment where elements from The Island, Scorched Earth, and all new biomes are combined to bring the ultimate survivor experience. Ragnarok boasts many unique features such as: custom explorer notes, challenging dungeons, dungeon bosses, active hot springs, unique pickup-able/harvestable resources, new biomes, an active volcano, unique tree platform locations, environmental traps, unique ruins, and so much more combined with a beautiful world to explore. Whether tackling the extreme cold atop the highest mountains, harvesting resources from an active volcano, or just searching for that perfect base location, Ragnarok plays host to explorers and base builders alike. But survivors beware, Ragnarok houses such creatures as Polar Bears, Ice Wyverns, and a mystical creature many have yet to tame in the ARK universe.
Release Date: 12 June, 2017
Developer: Studio Wildcard, Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, Virtual Basement LLC
Publisher: Studio Wildcard
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, RPG
Ragnarok – ARK Expansion Map
Notice: This content requires the base game ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam in order to play.
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- A 144 sq kilometer map designed to be explored by land/sea/air with most places accessible by foot.
- An active Volcano that while erupting yields a high amount of resources in the form of lava crystal
- A host of harvest-able resources readily available for players to pick up, including sticks and carrots.
- Beautiful vistas and base locations as far as the eye can see
- Building caves designed to be built in, big and small
- Hot springs that while dormant yield a relaxing buff, but while active can cause a quick death!
- New unique takes on former ARK creatures, as well a special creature unique to Ragnarok
- Ruins to not only explore but that can also be incorporated into base builds
- Build tree platforms on unique trees/rocks in biomes other than the redwoods!
- A vast ocean with its own ecosystem
- Expansive biomes that were built to reward those who explore them
- A future desert to find and tame SE creatures
- Realistic Transitions that blend the terrain more naturally
- Upcoming unique explorer notes that hold the key to Ragnarok’s secrets
- Challenging dungeons in that require forethought and preparation
Ragnarok – ARK Expansion Map Trailer
Ragnarok – ARK Expansion Map Review
Ragnorok is like a tutorial for how maps should be made. The Map is absolutely amazing and beautiful. The amount of detail on each area is ridiculously awesome. Breathtaking terrain around every corner, from enormous open plains to waterfall filled canyons. Easily obtainable resources in the form of hand collectable wood and thatch from palm fronds on the beach, to wild vegetable. And the animals are set naturally, things look and feel like they belong where they've been placed. It is very convincing and fun. If you played Ark in the past, and never thought you'd play again, I suggest you download this map and give it another go. If you're a current Ark player, come see just how good the game can be!