Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
Railway Empire is a train tycoon strategy game made by Gaming Minds Studios and published by Kalypso Media Digital. Create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business on track you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
Release Date: 26 Jan, 2018
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios
Publisher: Kalypso Media Digital
Genre: Simulation, Strategy
Steam Download – Railway Empire
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- ‘Ride Along’ feature allows you to explore your rail network and beautiful scenery from the driver’s cab in a first person perspective.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
Railway Empire Trailer
Railway Empire Review
Railway Empire successfully fills the void left by Railroad Tycoon 15 years ago, managing to offer a very playable experience. An awesome way to enjoy the training infrastructure building, to learn how to expand an authentic industrial "empire" and also a good way to learn how the transporting world works. Long, deep and interesting for fans of management. The game plays beautifully, is perfectly comfortable with a controller, is expansive, and is both enjoyable and illuminating. With a few slight downfalls, primarily as a result of the game only offering limited maps and time periods to operate in, it can go by a little too quick and become repetitive. However, the journey to get to that stage can be enthralling as it offers a high level of tactical thinking as you interlink your network of rails. Railway Empire is simply one of the best real-time strategy experiences that I've ever played and juggling its many rewarding tasks in order to succeed in building a nation is nothing short of satisfying. My conductor hat is off.