Command a settlement of ancient humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival.
Dawn of Man is an indie simulation game made and published by Madruga Works. You will have to get your people to survive, expand and evolve, just like our ancestors, facing the challenges that the environment will throw at you. The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory. Confront Mammoths, Woolly Rhinos, Ancient Bison, Megaloceros, Cave Lions and other species that roamed the earth at the time.
Release Date: 1 Mar, 2019
Developer: Madruga Works
Publisher: Madruga Works
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Dawn of Man
Steam Download – Dawn of Man
OS: Win 7
CPU: 2 GHz Dual Core
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: 1 GB VRAM (Shader Model 3)
HDD: 2 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: 2 GB AMD or NVIDIA Card
HDD: 2 GB
- Animals were a vital source of food and resources for ancient humans. Use their meat to feed your people and their skin and bones to make clothing and craft the tools you will need to stay alive. Confront Mammoths, Woolly Rhinos, Ancient Bison, Megaloceros, Cave Lions and other species that roamed the earth at the time.
- Each new discovery will make it easier for your settlement to be able to support larger populations, but will also bring new challenges: increased food demand, morale issues and more frequent raider attacks.
- Collect a variety resources from the environment: fruit, berries, water, wood, flint, stone, ores. Use them to prepare food, to make tools and to build structures in your settlement.
- Our ancestors were capable of incredible engineering feats: mine massive rocks from the environment, transport them using sledges and construct colossal stone structures.
- Fish is more abundant in spring, berries and fruit can be collected in summer and animals are easier to come by when it’s warm. When winter comes, make sure to have enough non-perishable food and warm clothing in order to survive.
- Unlock farming technologies to grow your own vegetables, so you can feed large amounts of people. Domesticate animals to produce food, resources and provide increased muscle power.
- Build more homes and facilities for your people, in order to expand your population. Construct fortifications and craft weapons, so you are ready for when the inevitable conflict comes.
Dawn of Man Trailer
Dawn of Man Review
Dawn of Man is a survival/city-builder from the creators of Planetbase. Take control of a settlement of the first modern humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival. Dawn of Man sees you develop a community from a small bunch of hunter-gatherers beginning in the Paleolithic era through 10,000 years of human history until you reach the Iron age and if I am honest, it’s not enough. It's very detailed with an extensive crafting, gathering, and hunting system, which is what I was after. Also, the primal view for hunting is kind of awesome. The music in game is brilliant, in keeping with the theme and inspiring. For example the change when raiders come gets your heart racing which makes the calm and ordinary sounds of your village and its villagers going about their daily business, even more contrasting. This game is a definite pickup if you love prehistory, city builders or survival games. Great job on this Madruga works, hope to see some great additions and support for this game. from you guys! Overall, Dawn of Man is a well-developed survival city-builder with the necessary tools to keep you invested and coming back for more. If you want to spend time building and developing your own civilization through the ages, don’t hesitate to give Dawn of Man a try.