Fight in the American Civil War campaign and participate in 50+ battles.
Ultimate General: Civil War is a simulation strategy game made by Game-Labs. The game offers a campaign system that will ultimately cover the whole American Civil War from 1861-1865, including historical battles, units and events. The game campaign allows players to participate in more than 50 battles, from small engagements to major battles that can last several days over multiple maps. Campaign fully depends on player actions and battle results. Historical battles can be also played separately. As with the previous title, the battle landscapes are hand-drawn, utilizing data from satellite and historical maps.
Release Date: 14 Jul, 2017
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Ultimate General: Civil War
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Army management: You are the general. You have full control over the army composition. Based on your successes and reputation you might get access to more corps, divisions and brigades.
- Enhanced unit control: Detach skirmishers to send them to scout those hills ahead. Or merge several brigades into one bigger division if it’s needed.
- Innovative command system: You decide which level of control you want. Command every unit individually or just give them a main goal with one button click and watch if they can take that hill.
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence: You will face a strong enemy. AI will flank you, will hit your weak spots and undefended high ground, will chase and cut your supplies and will try to destroy unguarded artillery batteries.
- Officer progression: Historical unit commanders progress and become better fighters together with the player. The Officers rank up based on their units’ performance, but its war and they can be wounded or even get killed in action.
- Terrain matters: Trenches, lines, fences, houses, fields – everything can help to achieve victory, if you know how to use it. Hills will allow you to see enemy units earlier.
- Historical weapons: There is huge variety of Civil War weaponry from mass produced Enfield pattern rifles to rare Whitworths. Historical availability has also been implemented.
- Beautiful maps: We believe that modern technology allows hardcore war-games to finally stop being brown on green hexes. Hardcore, deep war games can be beautiful.
Ultimate General: Civil War Trailer
Ultimate General: Civil War Review
Ultimate General: Civil War is a well crafted strategy game, with an excellent battle engine. It takes a lot of the good things of Close Combat and Shogun Total War and delivers one of the best old school games of 2017. The game runs in real time, but you can pause it anytime you want to better assess the situation. You start in command of a single small Corps of ~4 Infantry Brigades and supporting arms, and go from there. Most levels revolve around basic 'capture point' and 'hold point' objectives revolving around major battles in the Civil War. The Game progresses through sort of a "Greatest Hits" of the civil war, encapsulating all of the major battles of the conflict, while using "side-quest" battles to simulate some of the smaller actions. It's a must-have for anyone interested in this period of conflict and strategy. Ultimate General: Civil War is a promising game coming from an indie studio that surely will bring quality strategy games in the future.