Fly every spaceship, EXPLORE space or manage an empire. TRADE, FIGHT and BUILD, while you embark on an epic journey.
X4: Foundations is a spaceship simulation game made by Egosoft. It allows you to fly all ships personally. From small scouts over a wide range of ship classes up to the biggest carrier, everything can be piloted from the cockpit or an external view. A big focus in the development of X4 has been to achieve a seamless and immersive experience when moving between ships. You can leave a ship, climb down a ladder, walk over the dock of a large space station into another ship you may have parked there and replace the pilot that was working for you just by clicking on his chair.
Release Date: 30 Nov, 2018
Genre: Action, Simulation
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz or AMD equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: Nvidia GTX 780/970 or AMD equivalent
HDD: 12 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 or AMD equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
GRAPHIC: Nvidia GTX 1070 or AMD equivalent
HDD: 12 GB
- SPACEFLIGHT SANDBOX Acquire ships, from small scouts to MASSIVE CARRIERS. UPGRADE their systems and create huge FLEETS. FLY THEM ALL from the cockpit or bridge and remotely command them with a POWERFUL MAP.
- GAMESTARTS. Start X4 from a variety of angles. REPRESENT DIFFERENT FACTIONS with different ships and technologies. Every start offers a new view at the universe, but all allow you to UNLOCK EVERYTHING.
- RESEARCH Research new technologies like TELEPORTATION from an ancient Terran installation.
- DYNAMIC UNIVERSE. Factions build and expand stations dynamically and REACT TO THE ECONOMY and military threats. Every game can take a new and unexpected turn for the entire universe.
- BUILD Full creativity with station construction. STATION AND FACTORY MODULES can be connected freely to form ever growing economic or military installations.
- COMPLEX ECONOMY. Trade with a single ship or MANAGE an empire that competes with entire civilisations. A FULLY SIMULATED AND DYNAMIC ECONOMY reacts to changes on every level.
- EXPLORE A MASSIVE UNIVERSE awaits – sheer endless opportunities for exploration: Explore the universe to find resources for mining and CRAFTING.
X4: Foundations Trailer
X4: Foundations Review
X4: FOUNDATIONS is the long awaited sequel in the successful X series, brings our most sophisticated universe SIMULATION ever. you can start your journey from a number of different gamestarts and as a number of different characters, each with their own role, set of relationships and different ships and technologies to start with. No matter how you start, you are always free to develop in any other direction. Focus on exploration, make money with illegal trading and theft, command large battle fleets or become the greatest entrepreneur ever. It's all up to you to decide. Building space stations and factories has always been a foundation of the X games. After gaining enough money through fighting or trading, most players want to establish their own economy and start influencing the universe on a larger scale. In X4, it is now possible to be completely free and creative. Stations can be constructed from a variety of modules, be it production modules, living sections, docks or many other types of parts. The powerful new map system allows you to drag and connect modules using a connection system to design your own unique creations. Ships also offer a variety of upgrades. Engines, weapons and other equipment can be added in a graphical editor and actually seen on the ship. After failure of X-Rebirth I can say this is the game I've been waiting for - anything good from X3 and X-Rebirth got combined with modernized GUI and really fun package. The game is beautiful and fun and is going to require a lot of dedication.