Take on the role of a grim reaper!
Death Coming is a non-linear puzzle game made by NEXT Studio, where you take on the role of a grim reaper. Your sole objective? Cause death while abiding by the free will clause. As Death, you need to use powerful articles to collect souls. To discover these articles you need to search in game sceneries. Articles have mutual effects, find them out and create sensible accidents. Reapers can cause death, but they cannot control humans directly due to the Free Will Clause. As a reaper, you must plan, time, and execute your killings by using the environment to your advantage. Be wary, Minions of Light work against you and will try and save humans from their grim fate!
Release Date: 6 Nov, 2017
Developer: NEXT Studio
Publisher: NEXT Studio
Genre: Adventure, Casual, Indie, Strategy
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- Look down on your hunting grounds from a top-down perspective. Follow the lives of your targets and those out to stop your reaping.
- Victims will hang around spots they like and will change their actions and behavior when something happens to them, such as seeing death.
- There isn’t a singular solution and a single item can kill multiple targets. Each level has a sandbox-esque design. So it’s up to you to use whatever way you wish to complete your objective.
- From suburbia to missile bases, there’s always a wacky way to cause destruction. Don’t be afraid if you laugh at someone’s demise. If you do what you love (slaughtering the unaware in this case), you’ll never work a day in your life!
- Observe the pattern of victims to know their behaviors and characteristics. Utilize dangerous items at the right time to perform effective kills. The better you know their routine, the better you can prepare extreme death traps.
Death Coming Trailer
Death Coming Review
Death Coming is a fun puzzle game where it becomes more challenging as you progress further. You're dead, but instead of drifting off to the great beyond you get recruited by a business-minded reaper to assist him in claiming souls. The concept is great. You are assisting the grim reaper and you have to kill as many people as possible. Levels are vast and contain dozens upon dozens of ways to end lives. It'll take around three hours to simply beat all the levels, and then far longer to work out all the special kills and strategies for clearing each locale out. Each level has three specific targets that are harder to kill and must be lured or tricked in order to get them to come out. If you're the kind of person that feels like mastering the art of reaping though, you'll have plenty to keep you busy here.