From simple steam to modern railways. From wood to superconductors.
Mashinky is an indie railway simulation game made by Jan Zelený. It’s a unique blend of realistic graphics combined with an isometric construction mode and board game-like rules. The goal is to create your own transport empire on a procedurally generated map. Zooming through gorgeous landscapes, utilizing a traditional isometric construction mode and mastering a unique board game-like gameplay, you’ll find yourself immersed in the task of building your own transport empire.
Release Date: 6 Oct, 2017
Developer: Jan Zelený
Publisher: Jan Zelený
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7
- Experience the addictive gameplay on an isometric grid based map where every change of a traffic layout is a rewarding puzzle.
- Ride one of your trains or just get mesmerized by the things you have built.
- Choose your own strategy based on current world opportunities.
- Invent new vehicles or buildings.
- See the evolutionary historic moments and grow your business through the ages.
- Extend or customize your transport imperium.
Mashinky is predominantly a sandbox railway construction game, similar to others where you connect towns and transport passengers and goods. Essentially, you build train lines as efficiently as you can to move resources around. Like, get raw ore to the refinery and now we have iron proper. Then move the iron to a place that builds things with it. If you played Transport Fever and managed to get over the fact that the economy in that game is unique, you'll love Mashinky. The game in the current state (launch day) does limit you to two of the seven eras. The additional eras are yet to come in EA development, along with Multiplayer and many other improvements. If not... well you'll still probably love Mashinky but you'll have to give it some time.