Engage in a comedic story exploring and deconstructing the video game trope of princess kidnapping.
Nefarious is a 2d-animated action indie platformer made by StarBlade. Play as the villain for a change and wreak chaos as you kidnap princesses from five different kingdoms who alter game play in unique ways. Your objective on each stage is to kidnap a princess and then escape with them! Heroes will attempt to thwart you, and many things may not go quite as expected. Stomp on heroes through several iconic battles recreated with you as the boss! Tired of playing the hero? Experience the adventure from the other side of the coin with Nefarious!
|Release Date: 23 January, 2017|
Genre: Adventure, Indie
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Lovingly crafted 2d animation and illustrated backdrops.
- Mix and match customization options for 10+ variations on your explosive punches.
- Reverse boss fights let you fight the hero.
- Mystery and Intrigue, that if uncovered, unlocks a secret ending!
- Globe hop between five different kingdoms and even more distinct locations.
- Engage in a comedic story exploring and deconstructing the video game trope of princess kidnapping.
- Unlock several ammo types for your grenade launcher
Nefarious is a joy from start to finish. Fun platforming levels, inventive "reverse boss fights" where you get to pilot the boss mechs against the heroes and humorous dialogue with lovable characters. You play as Crow as he globe hops around the world and kidnaps princesses from different kingdoms. Naturally your master plan is to rule the world. The game's levels play like a Megaman game with the ability to power Crow up as you collect money, and a fun and interesting "bomb jump" mechanic that lets you perform a non-damaging double-jump when colliding with your own projectiles in mid air. This game is without a shadow of a doubt worth your time, especially if your a fan of classic old school platformers.