Solve puzzles in a beautiful, high-detail brutalist environment.
Red Matter is an adventure virtual reality game made and published by Vertical Robot. Take on the role of Agent Epsilon, an astronaut of the Atlantic Union dispatched to an abandoned Volgravian base on Rhea, one of Saturn’s moons. Your mission: to investigate a shady top secret research project. An interesting story that you will need to help unravel as you solve puzzles, scan objects and progress through the Volgravian space station.
Release Date: 10 Nov, 2018
Developer: Vertical Robot
Publisher: Vertical Robot
Genre: Adventure, Virtual Reality
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel i3-6100 / AMD FX4350
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: Nvidia 970 or equivalent
HDD: 3 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: i5-6500 or Greater CPU
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GTX 980 or AMD R9 390 GPU or greater
HDD: 3 GB
- An interesting story that you will need to help unravel as you solve puzzles, scan objects and progress through the Volgravian space station.
- Enjoy some of the best graphics in VR with high poly models, high res textures and incredible lighting.
- Explore very detailed environments, such as the rocky landscapes of Rhea, underground space stations or even top secret laboratories.
- Custom made controllers for Vive and Oculus Rift that will make you feel like your holding otherworldly high-tech tools.
- Don’t miss any clues, take your time, and decipher the secrets that Red Matter holds.
- Different types of locomotion such as teleport, dash or smooth locomotion are included to help you explore the game in the most immersive way possible.
- Oh! and did we mention puzzles? Good luck Agent!
Red Matter Trailer
Red Matter Review
Red Matter is a story-driven VR puzzle adventure game set during a dystopian Sci-Fi Cold War. Solve puzzles in a beautiful, high-detail brutalist environment which only becomes more and more surreal as the story progresses. Use an array of hi-tech tools to decipher hidden messages and mechanisms and uncover ever deeper and darker secrets of the facility. But beware of what you may find... Once you discover the truth, will you be able to stomach it? All in all, Red Matter is a very high caliber VR experience, neatly weaving its story and puzzle elements together. Puzzles aren't terribly difficult, but usually come to a satisfying enough resolution, and always feel necessary to the overall narrative. It by no means perfect, following the line of other puzzles in VR that are seemingly unable to offer plenty of reasons to come back for more. So like a good meal take it slowly and savour the moment.