Based on the original release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
Resident Evil 2 is a action horror game made and published by CAPCOM Co., Ltd. An unparalleled adrenaline rush, gripping storyline, and unimaginable horrors await you. A deadly virus engulfs the residents of Raccoon City in September of 1998, plunging the city into chaos as flesh eating zombies roam the streets for survivors. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, the game offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-pounding immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. Witness the return of Resident Evil 2.
Release Date: 25 Jan, 2019
Developer: CAPCOM Co., Ltd.
Publisher: CAPCOM Co., Ltd.
Genre: Action, Shooting
Resident Evil 2
Steam Download – Resident Evil 2
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 or AMD FX™-6300 or better
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM
HDD: 26 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 or AMD FX™-9590 or better
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 480 with 3GB VRAM
HDD: 26 GB
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
Resident Evil 2 Trailer
Resident Evil 2 Review
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. The changes make the game a brand-new experience for those who have played the original, but the title keeps a sense of familiarity that prevents it from being totally unfamiliar. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. With great pacing and respect for the source material, Resident Evil 2 is a game that keeps you on the edge of the seat. This time, Capcom's achievement is taking a classic and turning it into an immortal jewel. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. The game remains a horror title, as jump scares have been pared back in favor of lingering dread and expert use of sound to amplify the terror. For horror fans and those who don't mind a bit of a scare, Resident Evil 2 Remake is the first must-have title of 2019.