Vacuum things up and shoot them out!
Slime Rancher is a first-person indie game made by Monomi Park. A sandbox experience where players will solve problems and survive through mastery of their vacpack: a vacuum/cannon/backpack that can vacuum up and blast out anything that isn’t nailed to the ground. A tale of Beatrix LeBeau, a plucky, young rancher who sets out for a life a thousand light years away from Earth on the ‘Far, Far Range’ where she tries her hand at making a living wrangling slimes. Each day will present new challenges to players as they attempt to amass a great fortune in the business of slime ranching.
Release Date: 14 January, 2016
Developer: Monomi Park
Publisher: Monomi Park
Genre: Adventure, Indie, Simulation
OS: Win XP
OS: Win 10 64
- Vacuum things up and shoot them out: gameplay driven by two simple actions
- Grow crops and raise chickens back on the ranch or forage in the wilds of the Far, Far Range
- Manage a bustling eco-system of slimes who have wants, needs, and emotions that drive their behavior
- Use slime science to combine and create new slime species
- Customize your ranch however you choose with slimes, corrals, gardens, silos, and more
- Embrace total freedom to choose where to explore, which slimes to ranch, and how you’ll stake your claim
Slime Rancher Trailer
Slime Rancher Review:
Slime Rancher is a very casual game, encouraging exploration and adventure. You own a ranch, starting off with virtually nothing but an empty corral. Your most obvious goal is to build and upgrade your jolly little ranch. The game's main economical aspect revolves around feeding slimes the appropriate food items so that they produce "plorts", which can then be sold in exchange for gold, the currency required to purchase upgrades to the rancher's equipment or farm buildings. The mechanics are easy to pick up and you get started right away. Combining exploration with asset management in a friendly slime world is the core of the gameplay, but the thrill is in the discovery of the various slimes, combining them, and learning how to best raise/profit from them.