A weighty tactical VR mech simulator blended with responsive action.
Vox Machinae is an indie shooting game made and published by Space Bullet Dynamics Corporation. Earth’s resources have been depleted. People try to migrate to where there is work, but many end up detained in border camps living off what scraps the governments are able to provide. Powerful corporations explore the heavens in search of raw materials. You are one of the lucky few to be a certified pilot, able to take on the distant mining jobs. The rough alien landscapes can only be navigated by enormous walking robots called GDRs or “Grinders”. Rivalry between the corporations is heating up, your job is about to get a lot more dangerous.
Release Date: 26 Sep, 2018
Developer: Space Bullet Dynamics Corporation
Publisher: Space Bullet Dynamics Corporation
Genre: Action, Shooting, VR
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- A weighty tactical VR simulator blended with responsive action. Experience the ultimate giant robot combat action-simulator that’s strong enough for your average screen, but BUILT for VR. An immersive physics simulation drives movement and combat, allowing you unleash your massive momentum on both ground and in aerial jumpjet battles.
- Fully Immersive Motion Control Cockpit Operations. Be the pilot and immerse yourself in VR, operating a giant grinder with your real hands. Fully motion control supported with a myriad of grabbable controls, each carefully arranged for maximum usability. Turn the ignition key to start’er up, tilt the sticks to guide your metal beast and jam on the throttle when you really need to punch it.
- Crossplay between PC VR and Standard Screens. Fight Together with your friends both inside and outside of VR. And with full support for Rift, Vive, and Mixed Reality, everyone can take part in the fray.
- Customize your Giant Grinder, loadout, and Pilot too. Choose between five Grinder chassis, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses. Then, deck your Grinder out with an array of devastating weaponry that caters to your preferred play-style. Finally make sure you’re looking your best for team VOIP comms with an assortment of headgear styles earned by proving yourself in the field.
- Experience Mega Multiplayer Mayhem with Unique Game Modes. Play offline, on a local network, or online with up to 16 players. Work with your team to recover and protect the monolithic Decker machine in Salvage mode. Control the most factories scattered across the battlefield as your team reaps the benefits of their production in Stockpile mode. All modes can be played with 2-4 teams, making it easy to squad up with your comrades.
- Bot Resistance, Bot Assistance. Stave off those solitary moments with full bot support across all modes of gameplay. Whether you’re filling some empty seats on your server or honing your skills offline, our competent bots will gladly fight with or against you in epic battles.
Vox Machinae Trailer
Vox Machinae Review
Vox Machinae is what you'd expect when you think VR Mechs. You pilot one of a few customizable mechs. Options are typical, with some light, medium and heavy classes, with arament to match. Take command and pilot a giant fighting machine in an escalating war between powerful corporations. Select your GDR ("Grinder") chassis and customize it with a powerful arsenal of lasers, missiles, cannons and more as you’re pitted against rival Grinder squads. Outstanding VR controls and immersion (everything in the cockpit is physically simulated and most can be interacted with). Extremely fun, tactical mech gameplay that hearkens back to the best of the MechWarrior days with a dash of Steel Battalion and, oddly, a little Tribes flavor thrown in there for good measure. Engage in seamless drop-in multiplayer action with no loot-box or micro-transaction nonsense. Vox Machinae respects your time, and your wallet. Multiplayer works great and communicating with other players while seeing their avatars on the com screens really is a great idea. Very well polished even before release, and so far is the only VR game that really captures the essence of piloting a mech. Also loving the option to run as Steam or Oculus, as well as crossplay.