Expansion to the 2016 award-winning strategy game of the year.
War of the Chosen is an downloadable content to XCOM 2 game made by Firaxis and Feral Interactive, and published by 2K. War of the Chosen adds extensive new content in the fight against ADVENT when additional resistance factions form in order to eliminate the alien threat on Earth. In response, a new enemy, known as the “Chosen,” emerges with one goal: recapture the Commander. This expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the “Chosen”, new enemies, missions, environments and increased depth in strategic gameplay. The game also introduces three rebel factions that antagonize each other, but grant special hero classes once their allegiance is earned; the Reapers, specialized in sniping and stealth, the Templars, who developed unique psionic abilities and the Skirmishers, former ADVENT soldiers with exclusive equipment and tactics. Other new features include a revamped strategic layer and the “Bond” system, in which pairs of soldiers develop special abilities that are accessible when both are deployed during a mission, and when bonded soldiers are killed, their partners enter temporarily in a “berserk mode”, ignoring orders but with a great boost in their stats.
Release Date: 29 Aug, 2017
Developer: Firaxis, Feral Interactive
Publisher: 2K, Feral Interactive
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (DLC)
This content requires the base game XCOM® 2 in order to play.
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better
HDD: 65 GB
OS: 3GHz Quad Core
CPU: AMD FX-8320 / Intel i5-2400
RAM: 8 GB
GRAPHIC: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 or better
HDD: 70 GB
- Three additional factions have emerged to strengthen Earth’s resistance – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own unique abilities and contrasting philosophies.
- Manage XCOM’s relations with factions and counter The Chosen’s operations from the Avenger. Employ new Resistance Orders to prioritize your personal strategy.
- The Chosen are the most cunning enemies XCOM has ever faced, each with unique strengths and weaknesses that will be introduced with each new campaign.
- Soldiers can develop bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks. The SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every mission provides a unique challenge.
- A deadly new alien known as the Spectre, capable of creating dark copies of XCOM soldiers, has snuck onto the battlefield.
- Utilize the perfect strategy in new regular one-shot community challenges to claim the top spot on the global leaderboard.
- Engage in tactical missions across new environments from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions.
- Customize and pose your soldiers, then add filters, text and backgrounds to generate your own unique resistance posters that appear in-game and can be shared with friends.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (DLC) Trailer
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (DLC) Review
War of the Chosen is an incredibly compelling reason to return to XCOM 2. It contains so much new content that it could almost have been called XCOM 3. Every mission dishes out a new enemy, mission type, or environment, which allows the game to remain fresh for several dozen hours. In its new expansion, XCOM 2 makes people of its soldiers and turns its aliens into personalities. It cares about the individual. But that’s only so you feel the loss of your bonds more keenly, and hate the enemy more personally. A very complete pack recommended for all players who want to give a new run to the original campaign, in a way that looks like a surprisingly new game.