Drive into the heart of a dark, mysterious city as you pursue an ominous threat.
Distance is a virtual reality racing game developed and published by Refract. The game is a spiritual successor to the multi-award winning Nitronic Rush, created by ourselves and 5 others at DigiPen Institute of Technology. It was widely praised for its innovative mechanics, visual style, audio design, and atmosphere. Your car has abilities that not only allow you to drive on the track, but upside down and on buildings and walls! You can also fly to discover new shortcuts and paths. Take on the roads alone, or in multiplayer with your friends! The roads are treacherous with obstacles around every corner. Instead of doing laps on a loop, survive to the end in the quickest time.
Release Date: 18 Sep, 2018
Genre: Driving, VR
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830
HDD: 5 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 4.0 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750
HDD: 5 GB
- Adventure: A short single player experience. Drive into the heart of a dark, mysterious city as you pursue an ominous threat.
- VR: Full VR integration with support for Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive.
- Arcade: Race ghosts to take on the leaderboards’ best. Earn medals to unlock new tracks in several different modes.
- Level editor: Use a powerful level editor to create levels from within the game and share them with players around the world. Over 2,500 levels have already been shared on Steam Workshop!
- Multiplayer: Online (up to 12 players) and split-screen (2-4 players) play in modes such as Sprint, Reverse Tag, Stunt, etc.
- Original soundtrack: New music from the composer behind award-winning games like Nitronic Rush, Solace, and The Fourth Wall.
- Trackmogrify: Random track generation with advanced seed modifiers.
Imagine that Tron and Speed Racer had a baby in the middle of a rave. That baby would be Distance. Race, Trick and survive is the name of the game and don't forget to jam out to that fantastic soundtrack. I really, really like this game. High-tech flying car, abandoned city of the future, mysterious anomaly floating around, this game pushes all my buttons. The music, sound effects, and colors are all very aesthetically pleasing to me, and you can even customize the colors on the car! The traction on the car is nice, and the game has an excellent sense of speed, considering the speed you can achieve in some of the user-created levels. For anyone who wants a racing game that truly breaks barriers, I'll see you on the leaderboards.