The second expansion to Civilization VI. Now, the world around you is more alive than ever before.
Gathering Storm is a downloadable content for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI strategy game made by Firaxis Games and published by 2K Games. The choices you make in the game will influence the world ecosystem and could impact the future of the entire planet. Natural disasters like floods, storms, and volcanoes can pillage or destroy your Improvements and Districts – but they may also refresh and enrich the lands after they pass. Chart a path to victory for your people by developing new advanced technologies and engineering projects and negotiating with the global community in the World Congress on critical issues. In addition to these new systems, Civilization VI: Gathering Storm introduces eight new civilizations and nine new leaders. Seven new world wonders can be constructed, as well as a variety of new units, districts, buildings, and improvements.
Release Date: 8 Feb, 2019
Developer: Firaxis Games
Genre: Strategy, DLC
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm
Steam Download – Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm DLC
OS: Win 7
CPU: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
RAM: 4 GB
GRAPHIC: 1 GB & AMD 5570 or nVidia 450 or Intel Integrated Graphics 530
HDD: 12 GB
OS: Win 10
CPU: Fourth Generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
RAM: 16 GB
GRAPHIC: 2GB & AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater
HDD: 16 GB
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS. Nine new leaders from eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of nine unique units, four unique buildings, three unique improvements, two unique districts and one unique governor.
- ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS. Volcanoes, storms (blizzards, sand storms, tornados, hurricanes), climate change, floods, and droughts.
- ENGINEERING PROJECTS. Shape the world around your empire to overcome unfavorable land conditions by making improvements like canals, dams, tunnels and railroads. When settling cities, consider the flood risk to coastal lowland areas, but keep in mind that in the late-game, new technologies like Flood Barriers can be used to protect these tiles.
- WORLD CONGRESS. Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, call a Special Session to address an emergency, and increase the weight of your votes in your quest to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory.
- POWER AND CONSUMABLE RESOURCES. Strategic resources play an additional role in Gathering Storm. These resources are now consumed in power plants to generate electricity for your cities. Initially you’ll be powering your most advanced buildings by burning carbon-based resources like Coal and Oil, but renewable energy sources also unlock as you progress to current-day technologies. Your choices about resource usage will directly affect the world’s temperature and can cause melting ice caps and rising sea levels.
- 21st CENTURY TECHNOLOGIES & CIVICS. A new era has been added to the Technology and Civics trees. Combat new environmental effects with speculative ideas such as relocating your population out to seasteads and developing technologies to recapture carbon emissions.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Trailer
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Review
The world around you is more alive than ever in Civilization VI: Gathering Storm, the second expansion to the award-winning grand strategy game, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. It enriches this experience by giving you more ways to add subtle realism to how the world evolves around you and how you can directly affect it. The array of new features make every match more interesting, and will keep you coming back for more time and time again. The embellished diplomatic options extend the range of interactions with other leaders, allowing you to work cooperatively towards common goals or pull the strings to your advantage behind the scenes. While the introduction of climate change delivers new strategic choices whose consequences resonate ever-more-loudly as you advance throughout the eras. Gathering Storm takes that complexity to new levels of simulation, but it is so well presented you never feel overwhelmed. Put simply, Gathering Storm checks all the boxes of what a great expansion should be and is a must own for hardcore Civilization VI fans looking for a reason to spice things up in an incredibly positive way or get back into the game if they’ve been dormant. With so many new and returning features, it’s hard not to recommend this expansion to Civ fans, turning an already great game into one for the literal ages.